Sunday, September 2, 2007

the bolles school is all grown up and getting married and I am struggling to look myself in the eyes. in 1995 I was in 7th grade and this boy really loved me. he would write letters to me every day and I saved them all in the bottom drawer of my night stand. back then, I still had my old white wicker bed positioned in the middle of the wall to the right of my door and I collaged magazine artricles of bands that I loved or advertisements that I thought looked really arty. I had three huge smashing pumpkins posters and a framed picture of parker posie. its funny how being young allots for a certain level of ridiculousness. I think I really miss that feeling of unabashed egocentrism and self-discovery. I think Im thinking a lot more about this because Im being forced to rediscover/dig up/unveil my SELF. not to mention I am chornically nostalgic. in group, we were discussing different ways that people process themselves and the world around them and I am definitely one who looks to the past....probably too frequently. more on this later.

No comments: